The SOS Dan Buoy is an innovative and high quality safety product essential for any vessel.
The SOS Dan Buoy is contained in a compact unit that self-inflates on contact with the water in a man-overboard situation. The 2 meter high marker is visible from up to 1700m away and a keel-like weighting system holds it upright in virtually any sea state where pole markers or life rings might lose visual contact.
The Dan Buoy recently won the Most Innovative Marine Industry Exported Product at the 2011 Australian Marine Industry Awards, recognising the products superiority and its points of difference from competitors. Kiwi Yachting Managing Director Richard Macalister, comments “The SOS Dan Buoy is packed with features and is practical and affordable for any size vessel. This product compliments our range, but more importantly it has the potential to save lives”.
- Patented arm loops
- 2.5m high-visibility streaming ribbon
- Flashing LED light and reflective strips
- Large drogue (C=1200mm / L=600mm)
- SOLAS approved whistle
- Re-usable Pro-Sensor inflation technology.
- External loop for attaching a life buoy
- Rating to ISO 12402 standard